If you are a fan of artisan craft beers then Palmas Station in Cataño is the place to be on Saturday April 28, 2012.
The 2012 Puerto Rico Craft Beer Festival is being held at Palmas Station will feature around 400 beers from around the world and you will have 5 hours to sample your way through them all; OK may be not them all.
Admission costs $40 (+ IVU), which includes commemorative tasting cup, and UNLIMITED one ounce samples. To put that into perspective:
20 one ounce samples = 1 English Pint
So you should be able to sample a good selection of the 400 beers on display. Just make sure you have a designated driver to get you home safely.
As well as touring the world’s craft beer offerings, there will be live music, beer friendly food and non alcoholic drinks available. Note: food and non alcoholic drinks are not included in the admission price
The Puerto Rico Craft Beer Festival doors open at 5pm and close at 10pm.
Tickets for the event are on sale at: Palmas Station, La Taberna Lupulo, 110 Thai in Aguadilla, Hacienda Meat Centers in Garden Hills, San Francisco, Miramar, and Dorado.
Some of the breweries that will be available at the festival include:
- Abita Brewing, Achel, Affligem, Anchor Brewing, Ayinger
- B.B. Burgerbrau, Ballast Point, Bavik Brouwerij (Bavik/Wittekerke), Bear Republic, Bell’s Brewery, Birreria Moretti, Brasserie Dupont, Brew Dog
- Caldera, Chimay, Cisco, Czech Rebel
- De Koninck, Dubbuison, Duvel
- Eggenberg (Samichlaus), EKU
- Fischer, Fullers
- Goose Island, Greene King
- Hacker Pschor, Halve Maan (Straffe Hendrik), Harpoon Brewery, Het Anker (Gouden Carolous), Hofbrau
- Jolly Pumpkin
- L. Huyghe (Delirium Tremens), La Chouffe, Lindemans, Lost Coast Brewery
- Maredsous, Maes, Mahrs, Maui Brewing, Moinette, Moylan’s
- North Coast
- Ommegang, Orval, O’Haras
- Paulaner, Poppering
- Samuel Smith, Schneider, Sea Dog, Shipyard, Southampton, St John’s Brewers
- Van Honsenbrouck (Kasteel), Van Steenberge (Gulden Draak / Piraat)), Victory Brewing
- Weinhestephan, Westmalle
What: Puerto Rico Craft Beer Festival
When: Saturday April 28, 2012 from 5pm-10pm
Where: Palmas Station, Cataño
Cost: $40 + IVU which includes unlimited one ounce samples
Resource: Puerto Rico Craft Beer Festival