So that’s three FREE options for National Get Outdoors Day…
The aim of this new annual event is to get people outside and to encourage healthy, active outdoor fun and explore their local environments.
This should not just be limited to this one single day per year, so for any locals or anyone visiting Puerto Rico here are a few more ideas for you to celebrate get outdoors day EVERYDAY…
- Take in the architectural beauty and historic landmarks with a walking tour of Old San Juan
- Visit one of the many beaches in Puerto Rico and have some fun on the sand and in the water. Some beaches worth checking out include: Escambron Beach (close to Old San Juan), Isla Verde Beach, Luquillo Beach, Seven Seas Beach in Fajardo, Playuela Beach, Combate beach, BoquerÃ³n Beach (both in Cabo Rojo), Isabela Beaches, Mar Chiquita Beach and not forgetting Flamenco Beach on Culebra
- Hike one of the many trails in El Yunque Rainforest; both La Mina Trail and Big Tree Trail to you to the popular La Mina Falls. Tip: get there early to avoid the crowds (plus it will be cooler for the hike).
- For the ultimate adrenaline rush check out one of the many Adventure Tours in Puerto Rico. Try your hand at Ziplining, River Trekking, Abseiling, Tube Rafting, caving and more.
- Get out into the water with a day sail and snorkeling tour or paddle yourself with one of the many kayak tours.
- Jump in the car and do your very own Puerto Rico Road Trip. There are plenty of great drives around the island, once you get off the main expressways. Just make sure you actually stop along the way to enjoy the breathtaking scenery.
Hopefully this has inspired you to embrace the outdoors here in Puerto Rico. HAVE FUN.